The Certified Residential Specialist (CRS) is the highest Designation awarded to sales associates in the residential sales field. The CRS Designation recognizes professional accomplishments in both experience and education.
Since 1977 the Council of Residential Specialists has been conferring the CRS Designation on agents who meet its stringent requirements. Currently, there are more than 34,000 active CRS Designees.
- CRS Designees earn a median income of $85,000 annually, nearly 3 times the $29,400 median income of REALTORS? serving as sales associates. (Source: 2009 NAR Member Profile)
- CRS Designees average a total of 21 transactions per year with gross sales of $3.2 million.
- CRS Designees represent the seller an average of 11 times per year
- CRS Designees represent the buyer an average of 9 times per year
- CRS Designees have worked in residential real estate for an average of 20 years.
- CRS Designees are an average of 58 years old.
- Some 71 percent of CRS Designees are women while men make up 29 percent of the membership.
- Thirty nine percent of CRS Designees have completed a bachelor?s degree as their highest level of education attainment, with 15 percent having completed a graduate degree.
- Some 51 percent of CRS Designees work for large franchise companies versus 43 percent affiliated with independent companies.